Medieval Midlands provides postgraduates with an online forum for the exchange of knowledge and ideas as they progress through their research.
The network aims to facilitate discussion between all 6 institutions in the Midlands3Cities consortium and to encourage interdisciplinary and cross-period debate. However, we welcome participation from postgraduates and staff from all institutions and disciplines.
Find us on Facebook
Reading Groups & Seminars
Postgraduate students (and staff!) are welcome to attend any of the following medieval reading groups:
- CeSMA seminar – meets every other Tuesday at 17:15 in room 104, Arts Building. Click here or contact Dr Philippa Semper (email@example.com) for more information.
- Byzantine, Ottoman and Modern Greek Studies seminar – see website for upcoming seminars.
- Old Norse reading group – meets most Mondays. Contact Prof Judith Jesch (firstname.lastname@example.org) for details.
- Old English reading group – meets most Thursdays. Contact Eleni Ponirakis (email@example.com) for details.
- Medieval Latin reading group (‘Latin Over Lunch’) – meets every other Tuesday lunchtime (1-2pm). Contact Emma Vosper (firstname.lastname@example.org) for details.
- Medieval Postgraduate seminar – meets monthly. Check the events page or contact Dr Roberta Cimino (Roberta.Cimino@nottingham.ac.uk) for more details.
- Anglo-Saxon reading group – meets every other Thursday (alternating with the Latin reading group) to examine the historiography associated with Anglo-Saxon studies. Participants read one of three proposed books/ articles to discuss with the group. Contact Steve Ling (email@example.com) for details.
- Latin reading group – meets every other Thursday (alternating with the Anglo-Saxon reading group). Contact Chris Mitchell (firstname.lastname@example.org) or join the Facebook group for details.
Check here regularly for updated information on training opportunities for postgraduate medievalists.
There are no results to display at this time.